THE CENTER FOR RESEARCH INNOVATION
SPARK FUND DELIVERABLES
SPARK FUND EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Maximum 3 pages, advisors will not read past 3 pages.
Clearly articulate the problem you are solving, who is experiencing the problem, and provide a few statistics to show the scope and importance of the problem
Describe the focus and purpose of the research, and your technical approach
Current and Anticipated Research Grant Support:
- Funding history to date
- Proposed use of the Spark Fund Grant (Refer to Allowable/Unallowable Expenditures on site)
- Additional funding plan going forward
Technology and Product:
- Explain how your technology will solve customer problems and deliver specific benefits
- Describe how the technology is unique compared to other approaches
- Describe likelihood of adoption (cost vs. benefit, etc.)
Stage of Development and Project Milestones:
- What is the current technology readiness level / stage of development of your technology?
- What has been demonstrated to date via data, prototype, testing, etc.?
- What are the key development milestones that will be achieved under the Spark Fund Award?
- What is the primary market or markets for the technology?
- Estimated size of market opportunity
- What is the path to market? (i.e. license to industry, spinning out company, etc.)
- Potential licensees / acquirers / collaborators / early adopter customers
- Market feedback/validation, if any
- Existing competing technologies/products, and their advantages and disadvantages
- Companies who would be competitors and/or potential partners
- Discuss your current IP position (patents, patents pending, copyrights)
- List Northeastern Invention Disclosure and Software Disclosure numbers for reference.
Regulatory Path (If Applicable)
Describe your regulatory route, timing, and address the regulatory challenges associated with your research and proposed solutions
- Briefly introduce the researchers, including a short summary of employment showing domain experience, track record, and relevant expertise
- Include names of any advisors and consultants
- Identify the key research positions, if any, you still need to fill
Summarize the potential impact of your research and how the Spark Fund Award would help to enable the advancement of your research towards commercialization.