THE CENTER FOR RESEARCH INNOVATION
NATIONAL ACADEMY OF INVENTORS (NAI) NORTHEASTERN CHAPTER
Recognizing And Inspiring Our Community Of Unparalleled Inventors
Embracing our century-long leadership in experiential education, translational research, and global presence, Northeastern’s chapter of the National Academy of Inventors serves to empower inventorship and entrepreneurship across the innovation ecosystem by recognizing, inspiring, educating, and connecting, members of the academic and industrial communities.
Interested in joining our chapter of NAI? Fill our the form below!
About The National Academy Of Inventors
recognizes, publicizes, promotes, and educates inventors with U.S. patents
Universities, Government, Institutes with a worldwide institutional presence
World renowned members & fellows who have generated momentous social and economic impact
The NAI was founded in 2010 to recognize and encourage inventors with patents issued from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, enhance the visibility of academic technology and innovation, encourage the disclosure of intellectual property, educate and mentor innovative students, and translate the inventions of its members to benefit society.
Recognize and Celebrate
Northeastern inventors and entrepreneurs
Engage & Honor
university champions and leaders of innovation
Connect and Collaborate
with industrial partners
Educate and Inspire
inventiveness and entrepreneurship
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
Join Northeastern’s Vibrant Chapter
With electrifying programming featuring preeminent speakers, services propelling professional distinction, and abundant networking opportunities, active participation in Northeastern’s NAI Chapter proves to be an enriching experience.
Chapter membership is open to Northeastern faculty who hold one or more granted patents. Chapter affiliation is open to all students, no matter academic level or area of study.
- Collaborate and recognize fellow inventors
- Receive professional distinction within Northeastern and beyond
- Support and mentor fellow members, both faculty and students
- Network and innovate with industry partners
- Access support for pursuing NAI national standing as a fellow or member
- Learn more about pursuing entrepreneurship and the advantages of protecting intellectual property
- Connect and network with fellow students, Northeastern faculty, and industry partners
- Enhance key skills related to innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership
- Expand professional horizons via mentoring opportunities
- Bring your ideas to life in a collaborative setting
- Attend scheduled events and workshops
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment for the community of inventors and entrepreneurs
- Contribute to the professional and academic development of fellow members
- Encourage participation in chapter activities
Safa Jamali, COE
The Jamali lab is advancing Rheopoint, a science-based AI solution for engineering applications with focus on fluid mechanics and soft material design and discovery. Customer industries range from consumer products, to chemical and pharmaceuticals, and oil and gas.
Tania Konry, BOUVE
Konry Lab produces rapid, low-cost, highly accurate, and readily available point of care testing (POCT) solutions for microbial pathogen detection.
Tomasso Melodia, COE
The Melodia lab is developing CellOS, a data-driven network operating system to automate the control of 5G/6G cellular networks and maximize their performance. CellOS combines softwarization and virtualization principles, network slicing and intent-based networking with data-driven solutions to automate network control and deliver high-performance services to mobile users.
Sara Rouhanifard, COE
The Rouhanifard and Wanunu labs are refining ViralNPQ, a cost effective and easy-to-use device that collects all viral measurements using the same sample. This solution images and quantifies the presence of a viral genome with single-molecule accuracy.
RAYMOND FU, COE
Pathfind uses patented deep learning model compression techniques to transform once costly AI algorithms into customized lightweight processes. Pathfind enables complex computer vision and machine learning programs to run in real time on simple devices – bringing cutting-edge innovation to telemedicine, in-home fitness and other markets.
Neel Joshi, COS
Spinout: Tantu Therapeutics
Tantu is developing innovative microbe-based therapeutics expressed and delivered to the site of intestinal lesions to treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and other gastrointestinal diseases without systemic side effects.